Welcome to the website of speculative fiction writer Vandana Singh. Here you can find information about me, my stories, links to reviews, essays on a variety of subjects from fiction and literature to science and social justice, and musings on my blog Antariksh Yatra.
- An article “Notes on Indian Science Fiction: The Parallel Worlds of Jayant Narlikar and Vandana Singh” by Salik Shah in Mithila Review here.
- The French edition of my first short story collection (“The Woman Who Thought She Was a Planet,” Zubaan, reprint 2013) came out from in 2016 to multitudinous positive reviews, for example at this link. Translated by Jean-Daniel Brèque with a cover by Aurelien Police. Click here for the link.
- This website is live again after a long abandonment! Construction underway by Kavita Singh
- Upcoming science fiction story, “Wake-Rider,” in the December issue of Lightspeed
- Short story “Arctic Light,” in the anthology “Eat the Sky, Drink the Ocean,” a unique Indian-Australian collaboration to be published by Allen and Unwin
- Science fiction novella, “Entanglement,” in the Project Hieroglyph anthology, out in September 2014 (http://hieroglyph.asu.edu/)
- I will be a Guest of Honor at the SFRA conference at Stonybrook in 2015! (http://sfra.org/sfra2015)